New Year’s Eve is the day after tomorrow and you’ve invited a few friends over to watch the ball drop. Give 2013 a sweet send-off with this pear and honey martini. These are delicious and deceptively strong. They should be called The Beehave.
I’ve also compiled a few helpful last-minute party planning tips.
1. Prepare Beehive cocktails.
2. Whip-up a batch of Bacon Guacamole.
4. Change outfit several times.
5. Install disco ball in livingroom for late-night dance party.
6. Add The Ice of Boston to your playlist.
7. Distribute subtle yet festive party hats.
8. Count down to midnight.
Happy New Year!
Adapted from Martha Stewart
For the Honey Simple Syrup
1 cup honey
1 cup water
Place honey and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until water and honey are well combined; do not boil. Let cool completely before using.
For the Beehive
1/2 cup pear vodka
1/4 cup honey simple syrup
1/4 cup pear nectar
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, simple syrup and nectar; shake until well combined. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with honeycomb.
Wishing you a very Happy 2014!